Friday, June 18, 2010

Writing this while not watching soccer

Hello everyone!!

So I feel like everyone here is also starting a blog. I'm competing with my friends to write blogs. Stupid blogs.

Anyway, I'm adjusting to the time schedule pretty well already. It's half past midnight and I'm just now starting to get sleepy. My body is tired but my brain is racing, which is a sign of some disease, I'm sure.

Today was a good day. We had orientation at the Foundation House where they gave us tips on how to live in London and stuff like that. Turns out you're not supposed to tip bartenders because they make really good wages already. Also we got our Oyster card, which allows us to travel pretty much anywhere within Zone 1 and 2, which is pretty much everywhere important.
After all this we headed out to Camden Market, a spot that both Jeff and Rory suggested to multiple people in our crew. Camden is this wonderful, open-air market that I equate with Olvera Street in LA, but with a greater variety of food (the whole reason I was there in the first place. Am I my mother's son, or what?). We perused the stalls and ate some delicious salt and pepper chicken and some food from the French Alps - sausage and potatoes with cheese.
Coming back through Leicester Square we got off to take a look around: that is a very happening place! It is the heart of the city, with theaters, cinemas, restaurants, and tons of things happening within the actual square itself. But heading home in rush hour traffic is insane. Pictures to follow of that!

I don't know if you guys have heard, but I guess people around the world play this game called soccer, or football to some, and it's pretty popular I guess. People watch it - I just get a beer and cheer when appropriate.

Toooooo much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment